Monday, November 23

Hanoi Rocks!

An unusually warm winter in Hanoi this year, which suits me perfect! After a smoggy, chilli and grey Shanghai it was nice to see blue skies and sunshine again. Helped an american tourist from the airport to the hotel and felt like I did something good this day :) I remember being quite lost when first times traveling around in new Asian cities. Repaying Karma for all those people that have helped me on the way. Thank you if your one of them reading this.  

After all these years in Asia most of Asia cities feel more like a sort of a home than a touristic visit spot. The whole week in Hanoi was great and got a lot of things prepared. Since Fallout 4 came out last week I took my Xbox with me to kill some time after work & gym. Probably the most awesome game Xbox One has come out with so far! I don't wanna set the world on fire...


Woke up very early on Monday and got this nice sunrise view! 
Time for the expo at the Trade Union hotel 
BioGaisas first ever pediatric expo in Vietnam. Went well although there is still so much to do here, it's not locally a very known brand yet. 
 Waiting for the expo to start with our big yellow friend 
The small local shop I always buy my coffee in. Lotta, I got you fixed for this Xmas with coffee :) 
 Woah woah, easy now...Don't wanna drop that 16th century Ming Vase! 
 BLUE! 
Chem found a new friend to chill with 
 Nice reflection and a perfect day 
 Pho LALA! 
 SEN, Hanois biggest buffet restaurant. They have an awesome name, it's the same as my email :) 
 Lanterns, a LOT of lanterns. Creates a really nice atmosphere in this restaurant 
 Shrimp mountain 
 Tirant Hotel rooftop. I will spend my next birthday here. Open bar starts in the afternoon, it's been booked now :) 
 Walked to a meeting I had, loads of people fishing by the west lake and quite a few cafes there too. I really wonder how good it is to eat the fish here. The lake or "green pond" could probably be a lot healthier. 
 Loads of thse small coffee shops 
 Some people take it to the next level when it comes to the West Lake. Colera? Haha
 Care for some sandwiches? 
 When you walk along the road there are an endless amount of these small stores 
 Found the local flower market 
 Logistics done right lady 
 Fruit? 
 Booked a very cool restaurant for next years event called "Forest". It's a 3rd generation traditional Vietnamese cuisine and culture place. Food was amazing and it's really something different inside. Cozy and full of tribal artefacts from all over the country. The owner of the restaurant collects local art too and puts them on display. Highly recommendable if you are in Hanoi! Price is very decent too. 
 It really was like walking into a forest, in the heart of Hanoi! 


 Art & Graffiti collection 
 Cozy lightning 
Fresh spring rolls nomnomnom!! 
Crispy pork 
Awesome prawns! 
 The Old Quarter narrow streets. Full of bikes, scoother, cars, noise and smells. I love this place! 
 SHOES! Who likes shopping for 5 bucks each pair? 
 It's not a sterotype that people wear rice hats in Vietnam. Ther actually really do, have a look
 The hut on the "Turtle & Sword" lake
My evenings looked something like this...Brotherhood of Steel is here! 
Next time I come here it will be the Asia Hanoi Workshop, thanks for the great and chill week Sheraton. Was nice to get a suite upgrade :) 

No comments: