Friday, March 15

On the buss to Penang - Malaysia


The last few days in Singapore I have actually just been chilling. Waking up late, taking a few hundred meters swim in the morning by the pool, tanning, reading loads of news papers and articles, playing way too much Infinity Blade and watching movies and repeating archer episodes. Haven't been into "downtown" a single time yet. One thing I have to do next week is to visit Tiger's beer factory! I tried going to it a few years ago but we ended up at a wrong place somehow. 

Just got on a night bus towards Penang - Malaysia. The ride takes about 9 hours but the seats are big and AC works nicely. Price isn't very bad either, just about 25-30 euros one way.

Staring out at the endless dark road and cars passing by makes you think. Could never had been imagining that I would do something like this before. I hardly went on any kinds of adventures before and didn't really seem to have the courage or confidence to do things. Guess people can't change time but time changes us. Just so many things have happened in the last few months. The TV serie Mitt Nya Land, new job ahead, need to move apartment or even city? and almost 30 years old already. Wow to think I was only 23 years old when I came to China for the first time, just a little brat who knew nothing about the world.

Since December 5th I have only been in Beijing for about 3.5 weeks. First there was Mongolia, then Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Shanghai, Australia and now again a month on the road to Singapore + other south Asian countries. Almost feels unreal how much has happened in this short time….That's actually not even short anymore, already over 4 months! Would not even be able to remember everything if it wasn't for this blog. Wonder how many hours I put into it. And also wonder how many people actually are reading THIS. According to Google Analytics there is an average 300 persons monthly from over 40 countries. At the highest point there were 600 readers, guess I'm just writing a lot of boring stuff when it has decreased :D 

Some months ago I posted an advertisement and asked you all to click on it to see if it would generate any money…well it did! A large amount of...7! Euros….And that's for 6 months period of time! I promised that I would pick a lucky winner once I can cash it out and send some gift from China, however, that will take some time still since the minimum amount of generated money is 60-70 euros to get Google to send me a cheque. So maybe a few years later :D OR then just spread the word and tell others about the "Guide to Asia/Europe/Australia" Also, if you have any questions about business in China, studies or whatever comes to your mind you have been thinking of please feel free to leave me a message on the blog or simply just email me on s_nummelin@hotmail.com. Got plenty of time to chill around, my plane to Beijing isn't scheduled before 31st of March. 

I have a LOT of videos of different things I have tried to upload on Youtube for a longer time already, hope I could get a good WiFi somewhere so I could post links on them here. Some of the things I got on camera are pretty amazing, specially the sharks in Australia and the blue blue sea in Tasmania and different parties and DJ:s. 

Hede Heen Henkka always holy character in any kind of game as well as reality, Peiffin the papers Finland's strongest man who markets Finland for cars with 3 wheels coz we don't have any rubber, Tobarillo unbreakable GRK, Tomppy the newly wed, "Micke Lasgo VÄH Laakso", Stefan the mighty Dj Siphir, Husse fransua redwine and baguette country lover, Kirkkis - Limu i telefon and Koli "Arnold" j0nes I miss you guys  a lot, it's been almost 9 months since I haven't been home or seen any of you. Hope all is well, looking forward to see you all in the summer again!!! All of you always stood up for me and are the best "wolf pack" anyone could ask for! 

Time to stop being sentimental and hope the driver gets me safe all the way to Penang, let's see if I could get some sleep on the ride.

1 comment:

VÄH? Laakso said...

Morjens!

Tack för shout-outen, har följt med bloggen regelbundet men kände mig mig tvungen att klämma in en kommentar denna gång. Roligt att höra att du haft det bra, beklagar att det inte blivit skrivet så mycke. Jag har varit hemma med Benjamin sedan December och försökt sköta mina studier och undervisande vid sidan om, har aldrig haft det så här stressigt i mitt liv med just och just tid för några timmar hackig sömn per natt. Och sedan ännu husbygget som sätter igång nu i början av sommaren...Men nog med whining för min del, blir siisti om du kommer och besöker hemlandet i sommar, ska hitta på något program då.

Mitt nya land sätter snart igång, hypen har redan börjat byggas upp, ska bli roligt att följa med.