Tuesday, March 31

Sri Lanka - One beautiful Island

So much bad history here the last 30 years but it's shaping up quickly! I didn't really know what to expect when coming here but it's surprisingly nice. Climate is great, people friendly, and super beautiful. I was a bit careful with the food because I thought it might be like India where I last time got a really bad food poisoning. That being said, I still have problems eating Indian food.

Landing 6am on Saturday morning...was actually pretty ok night flight. Got 3 seats for myself so was able to sleep the whole way. And it's warm! Good morning Ceylon!! 
Talked to a guy at my hotel, told him I wanted to see the city. He said OK for 30 USD he will take me around whole town whole day. Deal man 

Started at a few Hindi temples 


Downtown lake
 Independence monument and the presidents 
 Seaside with rail tracks next to it...But why? This could have been a perfect beach spot
 Avoiding local food so had lunch at a German place
 Saturday sunset, awesome! 

 Booked with the same guy for Sunday to take me out. We drove to Kandy and back. Stopped at many places on the way. Ecology farm, elephant farm, tea factory, temple and nice viewpoint restaurant.

Tarzan!!

Splash splash, I had no idea I was gonna get showered... 

The elephants have a nice park 
Light a fire for someone 

 Pool looks amazing at sunset! 
 A birds view of Kandy county, about 150 km from Colombo. Roads are really small and blocked. It takes about 7 hours to drive the small roads and traffic is aaaawfull
 Tea factory, I got some fine Ceylon tea for you mamma! 
 The irony...
 Cool rock on the mountain. Some tourist went there a few years ago and was robbed. Then they banned hiking there.
 Colombo downtown 
 Word Trade Center
 Someone has a shitty day when they come back to the car
 Wonder how the Hilton is here
 Logistics done right :) 
 This guy...I know I know I know I'm fabulous 

No comments: