Wednesday, June 9

Monsters and pets lurking around the next corner

Pets have become more and more popular in China due to the rising living standards for the people in cities. When I teach english to the kids here I usually ask them if they have pets home. Most of them actually do, the common ones here are turtles, fish and rabbits. One boy had a 52 year old Turtle home!!
Parents here buy their 4 or 5 year old kids these presents to make them happy. My parents would never have bought me any pets if I asked for it but here it's easier coz everybody only has 1 child and they really like to spoil them, luckyyyyy :)
Found one monster dog in the back-alley of a Hutong the other-day...

Most of the dog pets I've seen here are really fat and have difficulties to walk because they are fed too much. Eating a lot is believed to be healthy here :) Same goes for the kids and now there is a worrying amount of fat kids, was an article about that yesterday in China-daily.
I also found an article about coloring pets here, haven't seen one myself yet but when I do I'll make sure the picture ends up here!! TIGERDOGS!

Found a nice French restaurant in the middle of nowhere called Wine Yards, steak is about 10 euros!

No comments: