Wednesday, January 25

Malapascua - PADI Dive Training begins


The reason we came to Malapascua was because I've hear the water is clear, weather is good, beautiful, cheap and it's calm. Second reason: I want a diving licence. And what better place to do it at than here where it's also very affordable compared to Finland. It costs about 350 Euro here while its over 2000 Euro in Finland.

Ice cold beer here, yes!
We only slept for a few hours after last nights/days chaotic traveling for 19 hours but I wasn't a bit tired in the morning. Kinda excited about the diving thing! In the morning we completed some paperwork and stuff online before we started checking the diving gear. After a quick inspection we had some basic tests and how to use the equipment in the water for a few hours. When we passed all the tests and went for a 30 minute dive on 6 meters next to the Daka Daka island. There were sea stars, corals, cuttlefish, all sorts of colorful fish etc etc. Too bad I don't have an underwater camera. Was amazing! But I guess it will get better, this was just a "taste" of diving. Tomorrow morning at 8.30 we will continue. And if your reading this in your office, let me tell you I wrote it all in a hammock on the beach. Peace! Nu e de sommar, nu e de sol!

2 comments:

Hede said...

I hate U

Hede said...

And yes, I´m at the office looking out at the frozen sea outside...