Monday, January 30

Advanced Nitrox diving


Just passed my Open Water class and the Advance Diving class. Today I completed my Advance Nitrox class. Nitrox diving is what you could call "extended diving time with different air". For very specific information about you can click HERE

Nitrox tubes, AKA Voodoo Gas
Normal diving tanks consists of 79% nitrogen and 21% oxygen, as does the air we breath everyday. When going down to deeper depths than 20 meter, you start using up your air faster from the tank because of the pressure and lower air in the water the deeper you descend.

Top class compressor for filling tanks
The Nitrox mix in the tank that I will be using tomorrow has a Nirogen level of 32%. More Nitrogen means shorter decompression because the oxygen level is lower. Whatever, tomorrow I will do my first Nitrox dive with thresher sharks at about 25-35 meter depth! The air should last for about 1 hour instead of normal tanks 15-20 minutes. This will be the 11th dive I do. Awesome :)

Evolution centers Nitrox mixer

No comments: