Thursday, January 19

Ice Ice Baby + a closed airport


Yesterday after finishing the project up here and standing outside in the cold for many hours we left the site and were going back to the hotel. We drove a different way and I saw this huge icepark and wanted to get out and did! They made so many cool ice and snow scultures here. And it was completely empty, I had the whole park for myself excluding the 100 m long slope made out of ice some kids were playing at.

A small version of the Forbidden City
The long ice slope, climb up to the castle first
Wihiiii
Ice village
"I was suppose to go to class, but then I got high..."
I thought that my plane was suppose to leave at the night of the 19th but when I came to the airport, its CLOSED. Yes! Everything was deserted and doors had been locked from the inside. So I checked my plane ticket and noticed that the flight was 20th...Oh well. But problem was that the airport is totally deserted and I would have to walk back into the city 30km in -36 degrees. This night someone was giving me some good luck since another cab came after 2 minutes taking someone home to a house around the grass-fields in the middle of nowhere and just happened to pass the airport. How lucky is that! So I just went back to the hotel.

Not so much as a single car @ the parking lot
They brought some fruits to the room and an evening sauna at the SPA was great after standing outside for a while. There are 2 pools by the sauna, one is 10 degrees and the other is 40 degrees hot. Also a gym that has most of the things to do a good workout.

No comments: