Wednesday, April 7

First day at NSN!


Today was my first day at work in Beijing! A historical moment! Employment abroad with a local contract.
The first day was pretty boring, nothing much to do because someone had sort of forgot to get me a keycard, password, login name and computer. So I sat reading some files about how to use SAP....Well reading isn't gonna teach me anything but I tried... I have a 1,5 hour lunch everyday!
After lunch they gave me some ancient laptop and told me to do whatever I wanted because my trainer was busy with something. I sat on MSN a few hours talking to Deneb in Thailand. He told me the streets are covered with Red dressed Thai farmers who keep blocking
the roads because of Taxin (Thai ex. politician). The army and cops are everywhere, better be because if 1 million people get out of control it might become messy. So hang in the buddy, don't go out after dark :)

Around 4 a'clock the trainer came and showed me how to use SAP. I sat there 2 hours doing delivery orders and then it was time to go home...Chill first day.
There are 12 people in my Team, all chinese of course. They avoid talking english to me which is great for my chinese! Only some computer terminology that is linked to SAP is in english but that's just good because I don't think I would know those words anyway....

There was a funny buss stop picture from Singapore I forgot to post, ANGRY BURGERS!

No comments: