Friday, April 2

Beijing - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Singapore





One of those transfer flights again. The reason why I took this ticket was because you could get the E-Ticket immediately AND go to Hong Kong on my return flight.


Buying tickets online in China isn't as convenient as in Finland…

First of all: webpages are all in Chinese,

Second: you have to click link after link after link etc,

Third: there is always some ridiculous TAX that they don't show on the main page and the price goes up about 80 euros. If you wanna see how great the site is, visit www.qunar.com (means "Go Where? 去那儿)


Taking transfers doesn't really work for me, it happened AGAIN! I was waiting for the liftoff in Beijing for 40 minutes, don't know why they didn't get permission to take off? Because of that I miss the transfer flight to Singapore in Hong Kong, just great!


After a lot of hazel and waiting at the Hong Kong airport they got me a ticket for tomorrow

morning 8.30 to Bangkok and then from Bangkok to Singapore. Ok, well it's fine for me, doesn't really change anything. I also chang

ed the flight to one day later so I will be back in Beijing on the 6th instead of the 5th (work starts the 7th at 9am!!).


The guy at the customs had some problem with my passport and started asking questions, he could not understand why I had spent 1 night one in Malaysia last year. I came from Singapore to Malaysia and went back to Singapo

re next day. Maybe he though I was smuggling something? I told him I went to meet friends (as I did) but he just didn't believe me. He kept me waiting in the que for about 10 minutes just checking my whole passport from page to page, guess he

got bored after a while and gave me a stamp and let me go, weird! Never happened before. (Go 1 year back in to blog to check this out!)


Now i'm sitting in an AWESOME Marriott hotel room in Hong Kong which Air China paid for me because of they f### up my flight. Only a few times before have I been in such a nice hotel, usually it's just backpacking in hostels or some sleazy 20 euro a night hotels located by some red light district…This place has everything and a great view from the 10th floor over the airport and city. I could get used to these kinds of hotels…Went to the nearest shopping area for a stroll in the night, loving the high buildings.


No comments: