Thursday, February 7

The Land Down Under

Finally reached Australia! I've been wanting to come here for the last 10 years! It was very close that I would have come here instead of going to China back in the days but "fate" or something put me on different tracks. One reason I don't really like to spend Chinese New Year in China is the massive amount of fireworks shot for 10 days +. See below store for fireworks and you understand, the streets are like a warzone.
Coming here took a total of 17 hours. Flew with Air Asia via Kuala Lumpur. The first flight from Beijing took 5 hours, then waiting at the airport in KL for 4 hours followed by 8 hours to Melbourne. The seats in Air Asia are really small for goofy legs of 185 and sitting at the aisle makes it almost impossible to sleep. Was really happy when I landed. Also, didn't know that I had to fill in some electronic visa form to enter Australia but got it done in 10 minutes at Beijing airport luckily.


I remember seeing somewhere that Melbourne was voted as the best city of 2012 so I have high expectations of seeing what all it has to offer. Today I was just walking around the central downtown by the river and had a job meeting as well. 
Street art
 
 The Scott's Church
 Federation Square
 St. Paul's
 Art?
 Loads of rowin boats in the afternoon

 Ponyfish Island (or bar)
 Red lanterns here too like everywhere in China before the new year

No comments: