Saturday, January 8

Xi'an 西安 - Day 1


The old capitol of China! The layout of Xi'an and Beijing is exactly the same, if you look at a map of these 2 cities you could not tell which one is which, copycat!
I printed out some maps of the subway network from the internet but after arriving here the hotel receptionist tells there is no subway lines, they are "under construction". Oh well....It was impossible to get a taxi in this chaotic traffic and the bikers didn't wanna take us either because the police forbids them to go downtown...So we walk....
On the way I found all kinds of interesting thing like this car with a pile of flesh!! Some guy just came out of what looked something of a butcher and then threw this half cow on the backseat of the van...
In downtown they have a similar Bell Tower and Drum Tower as in Beijing. Looks pretty cool in the night when illuminated.
There is a big muslim population here and a whole "snack street" with muslim stuff. Stopped at one place to take barbecue and some other local specialities. The boy who made them was only 12 years old and thought my hair was SOOO cool and was amazed that i spoke chinese. The only word he knew was HELLO and he really kept repeating it. I feel like
I'm like some monster here, EVERYONE keeps staring at me, in the street, in the taxi and wave at me saying HELLO HELLO...

No comments: