Sunday, January 9

Party & Clubbing in Xi'an


It's Saturday so how could I not be going out clubbing when in a new city? I checked the internet for what clubs are "hot" and came up with 2 places: 一加一 (one plus one) and 沙沙 (Salsa). When leaveing the hotel there seemed to have been some car in the garage on fire?
Anyway, after getting to the club the night didn't get any better. The door security guard told me that ties are not allowed into the club...eeeh ok? Is it so you don't strangle anyone? I was asking him why he was wearing a tie but he just answered very annoyed that he works there...Ok off with the tie then and pass the airportish looking security control with a metal detector and body search. Got to the bar but turns out that the bar does NOT have any drinks!!!! The only thing you can order are a few brands of beer and they come in: 1 bottle, half a dozen (6 bottles) or a whole dozen (12 bottles). The booze is only sold in bottles and the only thing they have are some Hennessy and random Whiskey brands. NO Vodka, no cocktails, no gin etc etc. Just beer+whiskey+Hennessy. Check out the menu...
I ended up taking a half dozen of Carlsberg's and "enjoying" them while about 80% of all the people in the club were staring at me. Talked with some locals in my table who were Xi'an soap opera actors and after finishing the beers CHANGE club!!
The Salsa place was more empty BUT they let me keep my tie! The drink menu was the same, olny thing you could order here was Beer and Hennessy (Hennessy must be doing great btw). After a lot of convincing and talking to the bartender I got 2 glasses of Hennessy instead of a whole bottle! First he said 30 RMB but somehow I ended up paying 40 each. The place was so lame that we just quickly had the drinks and left. I am NOT going out in Xi'an for another 5 years, the nightlife has some serious developing to do.

No comments: