Thursday, May 20

Out for a dinner

We had a team dinner yesterday at a barbecue restaurant and I probably has a few kilos of meat and liters of beer! It was really a lot of fun!

Chinese people are not really like finnish people when it comes to drinking. Some can only drink a few small glasses of beer and then they fall asleep, others choose not to drink. I would like to see a finnish person who does not want to drink in a restaurant...
Like this guy here, my fellow worker took a longer nap for dessert :)



My boss on the other hand kept drinking buttons up (GANBEI!) with me the whole evening. Came home pretty early but can't say that I felt super at work. BUT! I was one of the first one to arrive at the office, seems like the other co-workers were decided to sleep a little longer after those late cups of beer. Now I have the reputation as "The Drinking King" like they put it at work. I guess this should't come as a surprise since I'm Finnish :P

2 comments:

érika said...

interesting...
have you ever heard of alcohol flush reaction? usually affects asian people such as japaneses and southern chineses.
they say that europeans have more resistance to alcohol because they have been exposed to it for centuries...
well I am of japanese descent and I am affected by the alcohol flush reaction! I get reddish and hot when I drink a cup of anything alcoholic...
but that's okay because I'm not really fond of alcoholic drinks...I wonder if it has anything to do with my alcohol flushing reaction...maybe it makes me prone to dislike alcohol, who knows...

Seba said...

Yeah, I heard about it and I know it. It affects some asians more and some less. But then I also know some chinese who are really heavy drinkers but they are more rare. People who tend to drink often get more resistance!