Wednesday, May 26

Cars and China


About 30 000 cars are sold monthly in Beijing. The traffic here is slow, jammed, noisy and messy. Some time ago I met a swedish guy working for the Chinese traffic department. He told me that Beijing actually has capacity for 40% more cars but the problem is that people here can't drive, not according to the rules at least.
Usually we drive straight and then change lane when we want to turn. In Beijing and other parts of China as well drivers constantly change lanes because they want to arrive faster. The mentality here is "ME FIRST ME FIRST! MEMEMEME!!"
When everybody constantly changes lanes traffic gets a lot of bottlenecks , specially when this happens in crossroads and intersections, traffic lights etc.

I'm not really sure how much they teach in the driving school but by looking at this parking lot outside my work I kinda start having doubts :D

1 comment:

Lu_neko said...

xD too bad!! I could do that!! So could i get the permision to be a driver?? ^w^