Saturday, May 15

Field trip with NSN

Friday was a real chill-day at work because there was no work! It was the Q1 day and also an event for newcomers to introduce themselves. I had my first presentation in Chinese at NSN for the whole department and it went really well!
After the Q1 meeting we went to a really nice Buffet restaurant at Zhong Guan Cun (where I used to live before). They had everything there! Salmon, steaks, chicken, salad, booze, ice cream, cakes etc etc. I picked a few plates full of stuff and when I was done eating I felt like rolling out of the restaurant...

We had a whole buss rented for us and it took us to Beijing's Botanical Gardens where we went strolling around and had a kite flying competition. The one who got the kite highest won. The wind was pretty bad but almost everyone managed to get the kite as far as there was thread.
I don't know when I flew a kite last time...Probably at my summer cottage and the line got screwed up and dad had to fix it for me. Daddy always fixes everything!
The botanical garden was nice, a lot of huge plants and a neatly made garden.

No comments: