Friday, February 19

Traditional Spring Festival Park






With every spring festival the parks in Beijing are made into markets where people sell all kinds of stuff, have "team-park games", serve famous food from all around the country and different performances like singing karaoke and Beijing Opera.


The park is totally stuffed with people, it's hard to walk or move here, from the pictures you can probably tell why. Entrance fee to this place is only 1 euro and the stuff you can buy is only around 1-4 euros. I bought a really cool lantern and an Osama Bin Ladin mask, will probably get shot if I walk around with it in the States :)


There was a little tent build in the middle of the park where some women were eating snakes and having all kinds of weird snake shows. Was actually pretty crappy so i only stayed for a few minutes...If you check the picture you can see that this woman has a snake down her throat :D

I guess there were a lot of chinese tourists from smaller regions in China because the were staring at me like I was some rare animal they never encountered.

A chinese family with 2 kids wanted to take pictures with and I made this Super Pepsodent smile with my fingers like a \/. I actually wonder in how many chinese family albums my picture is, must be hundreds by now :D


They have been shooting fireworks for 6 days straight now, yesterday was worse than new year itself. They set of the fireworks in the middle of the street and cars had a hard time to pass....It has keep me up in the night and waked me up the morning, argh, please stop already! New year I'm so NOT gonna be in China after the new years eve!

No comments: