Monday, February 1

Helsinki - Amsterdam - Beijing






It was a really great time in Finland but the -20 degrees was getting a little annoying. No matter how much you wear it will feel cold after a while outside. It's also a lot of joy stepping into the car when it's frozen after a -25 degree night.
There was heavy snow and traffic was slow and a lot of steel was bent in Helsinki the other day. On Friday we had over 70 smaller car crashes (no one injured badly) in 1 day. I took picture from here and there, we haven't had this much snow for a few years. Somehow I managed to be at the places where they have some snow records. Beijing didn't have this much snow in 60 years and here I was, Helsinki didn't have this much snow in 10 years, there I was...The weather was actually one reason i moved away to escape those cold snowy winters, but it would seem that the snow and winter is haunting me.

Because of the weather my plane was late and i almost missed my transfer flight from Amsterdam. I had to run like the wind through all security controls and gates with all the TAX-Free stuff and other bags, phew. Would have been TOO bad if the flight company would have had to pay a hotel for me in Amsterdam for a night :P

Took the H1N1 vaccine in Finland one day before I left and was feeling a little tired on the plane, maybe they injected me with something totally different? The 10,5 hour flight from Amsterdam to Beijing was mostly about sleeping apart from 2 strange Czech guys who frequently kept asking the stuart if they could see the TSAINA GREJT WALL from the airplane, she never got them. But I assured these gentlemen that because of the thick SMOG it is NOT possible to see it. Actually the airplane doesn't fly over the wall but that's a different story...

On one of the pictures is a traditional old-school finnish winter sled! I remember riding it on the ice when I was a kid with my uncles dog, good times.

No comments: