Monday, December 12

Shangri-La @ Manzhouli


Like you already know the staff has been running to my door back and forth asking if i need anything. NO. I don't. After work yday the manager greeted me in the lobby and asked if I have time to have a drink. I said yes, sure just want to change clothes, give me 10 minutes (outside -27 degrees so need to wear a lot). When I came to my door it was..locked from the inside! I don't know how the cleaner managed that...Anyway I went back to the lobby and told he manager that my door is locked. 10 minutes later a locksmith comes to fix it. I was told sorry sorry many times and now the breakfast and lobby bar drinks are for free...But seriously, I never had to contact the staff SO many times or been contacted by them in any other hotel before. The also asked for advice in the future, I told them not to bother their customers and CHECK when peope leave the room so they can clean when customer is not inside. It was so unbelievable when i changed my room 2 days ago, the cleaner knocks on my door 10 minutes after I moved in and ask if I need cleaning...Can you THINK for a moment???

Obviously they also have some kind of eveing service that someone comes and folds your bed cover before you go to sleep which is "normal" according to the manager.DUHH?? NEVER heard about it. That explains why they stand by my door at 9 pm and look troubled when I close the door in front of them...1 problem solved.
Reaction: WTF!!! - Welcome home, SIR!!
And Mr. Locksmith using a screwdriver to take unscrew the lock from inside...

2 comments:

bl said...

I'm an American living in Manzhouli and it's fascinating hearing about staying at the Shangri-La.

As far as Russian restaurants go, you should really try Masha and Medved next time you are in town.

My Russian friends tell me they think it is the best Russian restaurant in town.

It is just down the street from the Shangri-La too.

Just happened upon your blog today and it is facinating to read someone else's experiences of Manzhouli.

Seba said...

Hey!
Awesome, if you would have contacted me earlier we could have gone out for a drink! YEs i ate everyday at Masha's place :) Its really the best restaurant here! I'll probably be back next year again, gimme an email at sn@pxp.hk! Time booring staying alone here for 6 days.
Now i have to go to the airport and fly back to Beijing.