Sunday, December 5

Finnish National Day - 93 Years

It's been 93 years since we gained our Independence from Russia now! For that the Ambassador had arrange a big party at his residence here in Beijing. From 17-19 there were a lot of foreign diplomats and other Chinese people invited. I talked with a few and got a bunch of name cards. After 19 the party for the Finnish people began. I met almost everyone who works for the embassy and other Finnish companies in Beijing. There was an open bar serving almost anything and the food snacks were great! This is so far the most "exclusive" Finnish party I've been to, felt a lot like "Linnanjuhlat". I also know where my tax money went when I was working in Finland, keeping this house must cost a fortune, it's in the heart of Beijing!


I also found my grand moms brothers (Göran Augustsson) paintings at the ball! They had 5 of them here! Great to have famous relatives :)

No comments: