Friday, January 1

The long journey

Ok so it takes 3 countries to get to China: Finland-Russia-France-China. This is seriously the last time i buy the cheapest airplaneticket! At least they upgraded the ticket to Business Class when i flew to Paris from St. Petersburg and it was pretty nice.
I'm now sitting in the plane sipping real Champagne and just had a good meal, but then again anything would feel great after living on Vending Machine food and drinks…And this does not cover my lost New Year either.

The airport in St. Petersburg is really crappy designed, there is only one TGI Friday, a Tax Free shop and a small bar. But if you need to buy some napkins, medicine or anything like that it's impossible because they are all located before the passport control. Every other airport I've been to has some small shops selling daily stuff, not Russia.
I wanted to buy some painkillers but they had none in the Transfer area and i can't get out of that part because I don't have a Russian VISA.
Solution: I went to the Tax Free shop assistant and asked if there is any chance of buying painkillers. She said that there is no Pharmacy or anything like that in the transfer area BUT i got her to walk past the customs to buy me some painkillers. After all the crappy treatment and waiting i felt really good that someone actually wanted to help me. Thank you!

No comments: