Saturday, April 28

Getting a Chinese driving license

I should have done this years ago but been delaying it because I wasn't sure what all I need to get a license here in China. It was really easy to find online what other foreigners have done to obtain it. And it's actually not too complicated IF you already have a license in your own country.

So what I need to get it is:

1. Passport and 1 copy of it
2. Visa valid more than 3 month and a copy of it
3. 4 pictures with white background
4. Health check-up at a local hospital
5. Temporary living permission
6. Original driving license
7. Translation into Chinese of my original driving license

Cherry blossom outside the hospital
                                     
I went to get the health certificate at Chaoyang hospital, it was smooth and cost me only 10 RMB. And the doctor who did it wasn't too picky about it. I even passed as NOT color blind even though I slightly am. Good that I passed as not colorblind because otherwise I would not even be allowed to drive in China or even apply for a license. The doctor also asked my height, he didn't bother to measure it himself. And then he checked my eye sight. That's it, 5 minutes later I had my certificate. 

Registration area was empty and just took a few minutes
                                      


Next week I have to go and give in all the documents and write a test and score 90% right. There are 1000 questions in total which 100 are chosen for you. The questions are really Chinglish and some even incredibly stupid. Will post some of them when I get my reviewing book. 

No comments: