Monday, February 27

Rainy rainy Shanghai


The weather has completely sucked whole last week and this week it's cold! I haven't seen the sun for over a week now and so many things have been going on the past 10 days that I haven't even had time to write anything. I tried to make this blog a few days ago but the VPN has been working pretty bad. But here it comes!

Rainy Bund
The weekend was busy with all kinds of happenings. On Friday the Nordic Chambers her organized a Stand-Up comedy show. There were 4 people in turn on the stage but only the first and last were any good. The rest pretty much sucked. I liked the first guys comment: "You know why it is so great to have a Chinese girlfriend? Because then you will have tons of stuff from Taobao! Anybody who spent some time in China will know what that is. I think I did a story about it around 1 year ago. It's Chinas biggest online market, a lot like Ebay but so so so cheap and easy to use if you know any chinese. WWW.TAOBAO.COM
Went showing some friends around town who were visiting from Finland. We went to one of the biggest LV stores in the world. In China the taxes for luxury goods is very high so buying from here is around 30% higher than Europe.
The new Shanghai Tower, will be done in a few years and about 700 meter high!
Saturday was Mr. Manners birthday. We started with a nice dinner at Apartment followed by Geisha and M1nt. Think I came home around 4 or so followed by a whole day of sleep on Sunday. What a week really, work has been much busier than normal.
Few days ago in the middle of the night I heard a loud POW outside my window. 2 taxis smashed into each other on a total empty crossing. Seriously, how bad driving skills can you have??

No comments: