Sunday, May 8

A Quick Trip to Nan Ning


After going to the office at 5 am and having that really chill scooter ride I got another phone call. At 11 am I was told that my plane leaves in 4 hours to south of China to a city called Nan Ning. If you check the map it's more south than Hong Kong, pretty much above the boarder of Vietnam. I got a plane ticket fast and came home to pack a few things and went straight to the airport.
Plane ride took 2,5 hours without any major delays for once. When we arrived it was already late and the first thing we did was get some funky but good street food with a colleagues old classmates. Really nice and kind people who obviously never met a foreigner speaking chinese before. Ganbei!
After the dinner we went to our hotel where our clients arrived and we sealed a bigger deal. When I got back to my room it was past 2 am and at this point I noticed that I've been working for over 21 hours straight.

Nan Ning was a pretty green city but misty or...polluted? Air was super humid and kept sweating like it was a sauna
The hotel room was huge and had an awesome bath so I just turned the water as hot as possible and lied in the bath like a sweating tea-bag for 1 hours with some great music (thanks James) until I went to bed and get some well deserved sleep. Next day up early for "International Breakfast" which was NOT very international at all. The only international thing they had were nuggets...Still the price for a room was over 80 Euros a night, come ooon???!
The hotel kindly reminded me not to throw out the window, damn they always spoil the fun don't they!


No comments: