Tuesday, May 17

Black Scooter Market

I wanted to buy a second scooter for Stefan when he came here and found this add on the Internet that was selling for a pretty good price. They had a nice model I've been looking at before for 1000 RMB as used. I wanted 2 of these. The price for a new in a store is around 3000 RMB. I decided to call they guy and check it out. He said that sure he has the model, just wanted me to put a deposit sum of 100 RMB into his account so he knows I'm "In". Cool, no problem, 100 RMB there we go. After that I was suppose to go and meet him so he could bring me the scooter. I went to the place we agreed and he called me and asked what I was wearing (I must have been the easiest thing to spot from a mile since there was not a single other blonde 185 cm foreigner). Well I tell him I'm wearing a blue tshirt and shorts, he says ok. I wait 10 minutes and he calls me again and says I have to put the money on his account because this is not very leagal thing and he is risking to get into jail by doing this. Ok, so stolen scooters...I said no way, I'm not gonna put in 2000 RMB into your account before I see the scooters and he says that these are the rules. Now comes the gamble, should I put the money in and see what happens or just leave it and forget about the whole deal?
The driver that had the scooters also called me and said he had seen me standing in the road but he could not give the scooters yet before he got permission from his boss. So, what to do? Was thinking for a while and then decided to Risk it, what the hell, let's see what happens! So I put 2000 RMB into this guys account to see if he is gonna bring me 2 scooters...10 minutes passes and he calls me again and says that I have to put another 3000 RMB as deposit or the deal is off. The driver will give me the deposit money back when he brings the scooters. At this point I decided to call the deal off and he said that the 2000 RMB will be returned to me within 3 days to my account. We'll today is the third day and still no 2000 RMB added to my account. My landlord said he knows how to handle the situation with the police. I'll continue the story later :)

Just had to try this and see if it's actually that easy to buy stolen stuff here. People advertising it on the internet and the police don't care at all...

No comments: