Sunday, September 19

Tian An Men - Taking Down The Flag

The weather has been awesome the last few days! Haven't seen this much blue sky for a long time. I just happened to pass the Tian An Men Square in the evening when the sun was setting. Was beautiful! Every day after the sun sets they take down the Chinese flag and seize all traffic in the biggest road, chang an jie (long safe street).



The soldier march from The Forbidden City to take down the flag. There are thousands of people watching this ceremony each day. The traffic is cut off for about 5-10 minutes and the queues are as long as the eye can see...I was told that these soldiers are the "Elite" in the army, all equally tall, well educated and has the best marks in everything.

1 comment:

Bip0laR Diva❤ChaneL said...

I heard tha sodiers got up really early everyday and playing with the flags ere... Was wondering If you ever been there in the early morning. Well I did missed it the time I was there but hopefully when I'm there again ima nt gonna miss a thing .