Thursday, September 2

Late hours, Autumn is here

The past week at work has been rather busy and I've been working later than usually. Time for going home now is about 19 or even 20. Before I always went home 18 sharp but now can't really do that anymore. Luckily I get paid for sitting at the office staring at the computer screen.
Autumn is here, for some reason the season change happens in 1 or 2 days here in Beijing. It's like Summer, next day when u wake up the temperature is 15 degrees colder and it suddenly gets dark 4 hours earlier in the evening. So strange. The change from Winter to summer also happens in just some daysdays. I remember last year that one day when I was going to school I wore a thick winter jacket but 4 days after that I wore slippers and shorts!
In Finland the seasons change really slowly and you always keep waiting and waiting for the Spring to change into Summer (which turn out to be like 20 degrees)

For you people who have not been in China, here is a picture of how almost ALL public toilets look like. In homes and exclusive restaurants it's almost always a "normal" seat but the rest is like this. And specially if you go out of bigger cities like Beijing and Shanghai you will find a lot more of these.. The toilet below however is kind of a "luxury" model, I've seen so much worse than this one in rural areas!!

No comments: