Saturday, September 4

One of the worse weekends so far


This Friday China Doll held a underwear exhibition where we just had to go to because we knew the PR Manager there who got us one of the best tables in front row for a decent price (about 20 euros each). Just had to order 1 bottle of booze but we ended up ordering 3 bottles of Champagne coz they had Buy 3 get 1 for free. After the show we continued to other places in Sanlitun. At some point of the evening when I was suppose to check my phone....it was gone. I have no idea where or how that happened. The first things that come into my mind is:

1. Forgot it on the table/sofa
2. Slipped out of my pocket somehow
3. Got stolen

Some pics from Sanlitun at night, the big glowing thing is the biggest Apple store in Asia.
It was my working phone that was lost but luckily with my own SIM card and not Nokias. So no worries that somebody would start using it. I tired calling it but I guess whoever found the phone just took out the SIM card out and kept the phone.
Now I somehow have to figure out how i will get back my old Chinese number. I need to find the package that I got when I bought the PRE-Paid phone about 2 years ago because there is a code the phone company needs. And can I find that package after moving house 4 times? NO!

Another less fortunate thing this weekend was a small car "bump". The traffic in Beijing is pretty messy and sometimes unpredictable so it happens that you get small scratches on your car or give other cars a "kiss". This time our car hit the Honda in front and made a tiny hole in it. Had to go to the insurance company and fill in some papers and then park the cars "like they were in the real situation". It was pretty smooth and tomorrow the car can be fixed by adding a new bumper to it. The car we hit actually hit a third car in front but there was not even a scratch. The owner still wanted to get paid 50 yuan (about 5 euros) because he thought there was a little scratch (which there was not) but then again 50 yuan isn't that a big fortune anyway.

No comments: