Thursday, October 4

Koh Tao Diving

After skipping between islands it's time to settle in Koh Tao for 4 days more until the vacation is over! First thing in the morning was getting on a boat and go to 2 different dive sites. We were told that there MIGHT be whale sharks but after coming down to 26 meters no sign of them. Later I heard that they were spotted in another area south of the Island while we went north....

Anyway, the second dive was really nice by a spot called White Rock. A huge corral reef and for the first time I saw a giant turtle. It came just 10 cm near me, wonder if it would have disagreed if I would have tried to ride it...? Great pics! I rented a camera from Easy Divers who we were doing the trip with. For 2 dives its about 45 Euros or so (only dive) camera was an extra 25 eur but it was worth the pics!!


Koh Tao Pier
First dive was deep, down to 26 meters


 Bed of roses

This corral made me think about our mushroom pickings with grand-mom when I was a kid
 The turtle came swimming just inches from me, KAWAAAAI

 Swim forest, swim!
 Bluemouth
 Some really big ones under the rock, too bad cant see the size, about 1 meter long @ 22 meters



 Looks like M&M's 
 Brainy corrals

 Suunto, making the best dive watches in the world, go Finland! Depth: 22.6 meters, Deepest spot so far 22.7 meters, Time in water 24 minutes, temperature 28 degress, decompression time 
 Plenty of fish!! Thousands of them
 Back to the surface






No comments: