Monday, September 17

Mitt Nya Land - Filming Done

Been filming in Beijing for week a Swedish TV serie called "Mitt Nya Land" which in english stands for "My New Country". The filming took from morning to late evening or even night. We made food, had loads of interviews, filmed some interesting artists, got a private gig from a chinese band and followed a famous Chinese Dj for a day making music and playing in one of Beijing's most famous electronic music clubs. We also went to all the famous tourists sports to film like great wall, summer palace, sanlitun, the place etc etc. But DAMN I must say being on TV is NOT easy. It took me over 1 hour to get a 25 second line on tape and that 25 seconds wasn't even very good since I can't act naturally or be super enthusiastic in front of the camera. I also kept forgetting my lines time after time...But after doing this for one week we got some really good Beijing material! I will put further information and promotion material on the blog. If you use twitter please follow it on @mittnyaland!  One thing I was surprised about how easy it was to film even thought we were in China. I had expected much more resistant from the police since the political tension here, lately they have been a little allergic to publicity and cameras. But everything was really smooth! Just 3 guards came to say no filming at different spots, some of them we ignored, some we just moved 100 meter for and then it was ok. 

Thanks Amir for the interview
One of our drivers took us to some really strange lunch place on monday. Don't really know what the soup had in it but seemed there were all parts of a lamb. Blah! 
The "meat" sandwich also had all kinds of strange things in it, like that white bone sticking out of it....
Loads of equipment to carry around all the time
Mo Bass - A Dj's life in Beijing
Interview 2 am outside Lantern
798 - Art exhibition filming. Click for a 180 degree pic
Sanlitun, the police came and asked us some questions so we had to pack our bags
Filming Re-Tros. One of Chinas upcoming rock bands at the moment. Thanks Olavi for the introduction!
The Great Wall. We had extreme luck this day. 1: Weather was amazing, 2: The new reqruits for the army had a march on the wall and no one said anything while we were filming. I was sure they were gonna take our camera and rip out the memorycard...
Here comes the red warriors...
PERFECT weather!!
Loads of people were at the Summer Palace so when I did my shootings and interviews about 100 people were staring at me and taking photographs. So this is how starts feel like when they film on public spots...

1 comment:

Candice said...

As a Beijinger, I haven't done so much here even in several years! You're in a splendid and wonderful living here.