Tuesday, February 15

Looking for a cab...


I think I gave Shanghai too much credit with the good taxi service. Today 2 (1st in the morning 2nd after work) drivers didn't want to take me. The following reasons were:

Driver: We are on the wrong side of the road, sorry I can't go where you want
Seba: Eeeem, ok, how about making an U turn...?
Driver: Nono, I very sorry.
Seba: GEE! Thanks, I'm late for work already...ass

Driver: Sorry I don't know where it is
Seba: #Explains how to go#
Driver: No It's not very clear" (at this point I was explaining one of the most popular land mark in Shanghai, you can only miss it if you been in this city with your eyes closed).

Reason why some of the drivers are like this: It's a close destination and they can only make a the minimum fare price which is about 20 kuai (2 Euros give or take)

One reason the traffic is busier might be because the spring festival has come to it's end and 285 million chinese are returning from their hometowns into the big cities like Shanghai, Beijing etc. Took some time to find a cab after work on rush hour today...Decided to wonder to some bigger road to see if I would get more lucky there and passed this place with a lot of lanterns, looked pretty nice :) Found a cab almost immediately here.

In Chinese "New Spring Light"
Red light: Emphasizes how beautiful the nature is - Chinese Poem

No comments: