Tuesday, August 24

My new Scooter!

I've been looking to buy a second hand scooter for 2 weeks now! The first one I checked had some brake problems, the blinkers didn't work and the locker on the seat was broken. The second had the foot brake which I couldn't use because of my long legs.
Third times a charm and I found the perfect match! The seller was pretty far on the 5th ring road which is about the same as driving to the airport from downtown but everything went well because the traffic wasn't bad at all.
The battery lasts for about 40 kilometers and has to be charged now and then. It weights about 30 kilos so walking long ways with it isn't that plesant. I charged it at my office for the first time yesterday and now the bike runs really fast. I guess the speed is between 30-40km/hour. And yes Mom, I will buy myself a helmet! I love driving around in small alleys and finding shortcuts with less traffic. The morning traffic here in Beijing is horrible. Cars, Bikes, Scooters and PEOPLE everywhere! People don't care how they cross to road or where they drive either, everybody just want to get to their destination as fast as possible without caring that much about the traffic rules...

No comments: