Sunday, August 15

Huai rou 怀柔 - Shan ba 山吧 , the suburbs

Last week was really busy, getting off work after 18 everyday and coming home about 19 doesen't leave much spare time. So out of the city for a while to visit the suburbs. Huairou is a popular place for people to get some time of the busy downtown. It's located in the mountains of Beijing. Driving from downtown takes about 1h so it's not that far.
In Huairou there is a place with some cottages and resaurants where you can eat, relax and just hang around. The view from the cottage was pretty cool, in the distance you can see old parts on the Great Wall and the mountains. You can also play "CS" with paint ball guns and shoot some birds, after shooting them you can barbeque it and eat it...I guess they just have the birds walk around and you can give it your best shot and finish it off...
I went horse-riding for the first time of my life but it was terrible. My horse was so exhausted it almost keep falling, the hoses front legs kept stumbling and I was worried the horse would collapse. The owner told me many times "its normal, don't worry" but I could tell the horse was NOT feeling good. I felt really bad for it the 25 minutes I sat on it's back, will never again ride a horse here and support these people who keep pushing the animals to the limit.

They had a lot of fruits growing in the trees here, a picture of some unripe lychees, was really sharp and easy to cut your hand on it. Would be cool to come back in the autumn and pick a few :) Along the road they had a lot of "fruit stands" where you could buy freshly picked fruits. Prices were higher than downtown but at least these SHOULD be fresh, one never know's here...
I had the BEST bbq pork ribs in my life!! They were so good that I had to order it twice and ate until I was about to burst. SERIOUSLY want to have this stuff again!! It only cost about 10 euros for a huge hunk of meat.
On the way back home we stopped by one of Beijings water reservoirs, today was a really clean! Blue sky and clouds, haven't seen many days like this year...Last year was a lot better! Outside the restaurant they had some funny ASS chairs :D

No comments: