Sunday, August 1

Finally a weekend with free time

The english school is on a summer break for this whole month which leaves me a lot of extra time to do what I want on the weekend!

In 1976 there was a huge devastating earthquake in Tangshan, Central China which ended up in 240.000 casulaties. The earthquake hit the city at night when everybody was sleeping and destroying over 90% of the while city. Now they made a movie of it called "The Aftershock 唐山地震 - Tangshandizhen", it was said to be very good so I went to see it. This 134 minute film clip was the best Chinese movie I've seen so far (not t
hat I've watched very many but still). The visual effects were good and then the storyline is about the peoples lives after the earthquake and how people find own family members over 30 years later because they thought they had died a long time ago...If you have a chance to watch it, Do It! Trailer can be found HERE
My Xbxo 360 needed to be patched because the Cd-Rom cannot recognize newly published games. I took it to the electric city called Zhong Guan Cun where I actually used to live with (Good times James and Sam!!) In China they can patch everything, took 5 minutes for this guy to open it and connect some wires to it and update the software, awesome work!
Also bought the new Finnish game called ALAN WAKE and it's awesome!!
I found a Pizza place where they add cheese and sausage to the crust, was really good and meaty! I remember we had this in Finland like 10 years ago at Pizza Hut but it wasn't much of a success so they stopped doing it...
The weekend was much cooler than the weekdays, only around 30 or so and air less humid. It was even humane to go outside...Can see the CCTC tower from my window. A 403 meter high tower :)
Everything here is 24 hours! The Pharmacy has this little "window" made in the wall where you can get your medicine even at late hours. Most medicines here don't need a prescription like in Finland or other countries. You can get pretty much everything from them as long as you know what your looking for...

No comments: