Friday, November 27

City of traffic



The air in Beijing had been pretty bad the last week. Smoggy everywhere, can't see more than a few hundreds or meters ahead Or maybe it's just mist? Who knows,right? :) TIC. This traffic that you see here might be one of the reasons...It's so crowded here that people put their bikes where ever they can find a free space for it...

I had a job interview today and it went really well! I did the interview in English, Chinese and Finnish, felt pretty good about myself after it! Hopefully i will get the position. Will know about that next week! If i get the position there will be some serious partying going on here!! The place where i would be working only has 1 finnish guy and the rest of all hundreds are chinese so it will be good language practice on a daily basis. If i get the job i will reveal the name if the company. I would start working next month or so, but don't worry, they said it's OK for me to fly home to Finland for Christmas! :)

I'm really seeing forward to come home! It's been about a year away now...People always talk about having a cultural shock when moving abroad or having some kind of depression. So far i felt bad for maybe 4 days in total. And that's just because i didn't learn the language as fast as i wished to. Sometimes feeling stupid but never down in a way that this country would treat me bad etc. Quite the opposite, i feel great here! And it keeps getting better all the time, pieces of the puzzle are really falling to their places!
Yesterday i talked with my best mate, thanks for the advice about the job interview btw. You were complaining about "where are my adventures". It got me thinking about all the "adventures" I've had this year. I don't think my life could have been any more interesting than it just has been. I mean I've just been on TV twice in China, travelled to places in China where no foreigner ever been before, done some model working, teaching english in this small Chinese company, learned pretty good chinese and met a BUNCH of really awesome and interesting people. If you want adventures you need to head out and seek them, they will not come to you. It's less likely that there will occur any huge adventure "kotinurkilla".
I just want to say that i miss you all there back home, will see you soon!

What i most miss about home is:
- Moms food
- Family
- Best friends --> Co-op(hen ke ai), Terrorist H. Rainbow+pizza+skruff, anyone feel hit?
- HOT Sauna
- Jogging around Lauttasaari
- Meatballs

No comments: