Friday, September 11

Nanjing day 2






Hotel is really nice that I’m staying in, if anyone comes to Nanjing I can definitely recommend this one, it is centrally located just outside a subway stop and just around 26 Euros a night. The cleaners actually left a sweet letter to me while I was gone because I had left the DON’T DISTURB sign on the door. The letter said:
”Dear Guest, Due to DND card on your door so we cannot clean your room. If you need cleaning you may contact with reception. Thank you for your understanding”
I mean that’s like super fine service and you got to love the Chinglish :D
Then for today’s program: The Ming Tombs, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen’s Mausoleum (founder of the Republic of China) and Linggu Pagoda (huge 60 m Chinese tower).
The sightseeing was great and I wondered alone the scenic spots for 7 hours alone. Now and then there were some Chinese people who wanted to pose with me on some pictures and I have no idea who is watching pictures of me at the moment…

In the evening I went to a German restaurant with some friends and had a Apfelstrudel (German dessert) which was surprisingly good and washed it down with the strongest Whiskey colas I ever had. After the German place we went to an opening event of some club called “Club 21” but it was kind of lame. Just had 1 free drink on the house and then left. Maybe should have gone there later in the evening when there would have been more people…

That was pretty much Nanjing, a really nice city where I should have come earlier! Price level here is also a lot lower than Beijing and Shanghai, you can get by on a really low budget. If your doing a China trip this is a must see city! There will be a second subway line build soon so it will be even easier and faster to get from A to B 

I added some pictures of all the 3 main famous scenic spots along with other things I met here.

And the club posted a pic of me on their website: http://www.xici.net/b1054631/d98636613.htm

No comments: