Thursday, October 11

Beijing Beijing you old home! 我的中国梦

How I missed the old Jing! Was so nostalgic to walk around the old hoods and areas. To think that I came here first time over 10 years ago! How the city has changed and how I changed too....

In this short time, I don't even recognise some places after 3 years out of the city. Jussi and Johannes if you are reading this, that brunch last time was amazing!

Sad that many of the places are gone where I used to go out and hang out with so many people. Memories will of course never die and I got tons of pictures too from before. But can never show someone how it used to be before. Helsinki is great in that sense, things change very very slowly.

Walked past my first apartment in Wudaokou, more memories flashing by. Went for a very late night meal in Lush, took the same thing I ate almost every lunch as a student in BLCU. It tasted the same, more memories flashing by. Even took a quick look in Propaganda and Elements. Propaganda was the same but Elements had undergone a huge facelift and was no less than a high en club in Las Vegas now! Wow! Salitun bar street is gone, sad. More memories flash by. Now just picture of emptiness to what used to be THE PLACE in Beijing on a weekend and weekday. Oh those days...

Beijing skyline has had an amazing facelift in just a decade. I'm incredibly happy with my choice in 2008 to take a one-way ticket to this city. Part of my heart will always be here, big love Beijing!!


北京老家我回来了!!
 Jingmi highway....Who knows how many times I did this on scooter before 
 Well this was new, what is that? This ramp was one of my favourite to drive up when coming from Wangjing
First Qingdao in a long time! 
 Sanlitun Village, still the same 
 WHAT A SKYLINE BEIJING!!
 Such a clear day, can even see the mountains. These was NOT many days like this before. Great air improvement 
 And here comes my 4 hour night time walk. Starting with Lush!! Good old WU, thanks for feeding me everyday as a student Lush! 

 Hello first home ever in China. 8th floor to the left balcony 
 The walk to school every morning. This street used to be full of sellers. Bought many Crocs from here for like 1 euro each and we still use them at Pellinge. 
And now moving to Sanlitun....Heavens supermarket still here ! But has moved a bit 
 Crossing by old Seasons Park, I remember that gate very well 
 Hello Seasons Park. Second and third home in Beijing 
 And then the notorious street of Sanlitun which...Just isn't there anymore. Buuu! 
 Empty! Normally this would be packed with soooo much people, music and street sellers
 Kokomo and First Floor was still here though

 And of course, Mix and Vics still as popular as ever 

 Elements! Here I learned how it was to sort of run a nightclub and get an insight of how staff deal with things. Not always so well but valuable experience. Seba very poor those days! 
 Jianwai Soho. Had my first meal here end of 2007 when visiting at Grandmas Kitchen. Wow so much changed since then 
 Wow, that change 
Took a stroll around Nanluoguxiang just before my flight. Nostalgic here too. Things more of less same as before which was a positive surprise 
 Legendary Plastered 8 t-shirts 
 Old Hutongs 


 Last supper, Wagas at airport. What an upgrade! There wasn't anything decent to eat here before. 
 Karaoke booths at airport. Just in case you feel bored and want to sing your time away. Genius! 

No comments: