Monday, May 28

West Bengal - Kolkata!

My last visit to Kolkata was VERY short. Less than 24 hours and I only saw airport - hotel - airport. This time spent a day with my team and another 2 days on field work. Had the chance to see some of the historical buildings and stuff while we moved around the city. It's very clear that this was the old HQ for the British during the colonial times.

Love the yellow cabs here 
 Had my first car crash, someone bumped in quite hard to our car close to the hotel. I got away with a small shock but the car trunk was so busted we had to cut it open to get out my suitcase. 
 Enter the light
 Lots and lots of these old colonial buildings around downtown. They aren't really preserved to the old glory 
 Private clinic, like Silent Hill but Pyramid Head was missing 

 Gone local with the guys. Tuktuk takes you for 10 RS

 Some of the smaller streets we also used this to move around 
 Very Swedish coloured buses! 
 Muumuu in a part of the city called Dumdum (for real!!) 
 Pick up your trustworthy meds. Maybe now understand how antibiotics and all kinds of other drugs are sold over the counter without prescription? 
 Was my honor to train and discuss with you guys!! You are gonna nail it 
 Big Ben! Why go all the way to London? 
 Is that the Eiffel Tower I see? Haha! 
Victoria Memorial was spectacular. Foreigners pay 500 RS and local 30. Fair....
Inside a lot of people. And it was SWEATY! 36 degrees and humid 
St. Pauls Cathedral. Was really unlike any other I been to inside! So cool! Like they didn't do or touch anything there since the 60s. This is a must visit place for any history lover 
 No pictures were allowed inside but had to snap this one 
 What?? Boogie man takes you if throw trash around? 
 Love these giant trees here and there in the street 
 Chaos 
Slums by the train tracks. Breaks my heart to see the kids play there 
Lot of slums under the bridges too. Here some of the family owns a skinny horse. Inside there were so much people living 
First time seeing the river the flows from Ganges. Some guys taking a dip in it. It was tempting but decided that maybe next time instead. 
One long bridge and gorgeous sunset 
 My last meal in Kolkata was something I really have to add to my Top 20 things ever eaten. Tandoori Lobster for 30 euro! 

No comments: