Monday, August 27

Beijing Evenings and days

It's been raining quite a lot here lately, I never remember it rained this much before in this super dry city. There was also a huge flood while I was in Shanghai a few weeks ago. If it's something local people are afraid of it's water. When it rains it's impossible to get any kinda of taxi and all streets are completely blocked because people tend to take their cars. Also, the traffic police are gone as well because they don't like standing out in the rain.....so it's more or less a chaos when it starts pouring down...Coming home from the office also takes a lot longer time.

                 

One day when I left the office a little later than usual the buss terminal in Dongzhimen was completely packed. There must have been about 200 meter of que to the buss...This about doing this twice a day 5 days a week. I'd go insane and change the city or district I live in ASAP! Don't see how people cope with this.

And when mentioning the office I found a crab in our kitchen one day. Thought someone had got a new pet or something. After lunch when I came back I saw my colleague washing the tank where they kept it. So I asked "where is the crab?" It's dead Seba"....Wait, what? It turns out a girl at our office had poured a lot of chinese alcohol on it and tried making a popular dish called "Drunk crab" Obviously this was not the way of making that dish. RIP crab...

We went out to check some new restaurants one night. Found a cool  Japanese cocktail (everythings cute in Japan) place and a German bar selling 1 meter beer or 15 liters on a tap to your own table. Sanlitun, love ya!
 A meter of beer!

 Work safety first!
  Work efficiency is often very high here :) But they keep hiring people for "useless" jobs
Bling bling galore silver benz!

No comments: