Monday, May 7

Wudaokou and how it changed


It's been a long time since I was in Wudaokou and it has changed a lot. But some of my favorite places are still there like Lush and Helen's cafe. The building where Red House used to be is no more. It was one of the best pizza places in Beijing!
The cloth market had also been torn down, only a small part of it was left standing. The old one was great, crappy but they always had some nice clothes to be found for a good price and no need for too much bargaining either like in the silk market where they ask for 500 and you end up giving them 30.


New building where the old low restaurant building used to be, goodbye Red House Pizza


All that is left of the cloth market....



The menu in Lush was about the same but everything around 20% more expensive than before. Although it's still fairly cheap :) Helen's still have their cheap drinks and Propaganda was still there but didn't go there, some other weekend.




BLCU had changed the most! So many new buildings coming up. I could not believe that it changed so much in such a short time. Last time I was here was last year in May. At that time none of these buildings were here.

Where did these all buildings come from in 12 months?




My old school building. First semester on 2nd floor, 2nd semester on 3rd floor



The air was CRAZY bad when I did the Wudaokou tour and when I came home it felt like I had smoked 3 packs of cigarettes. My lungs hurt for a few hours. Please get less polluted in the future Beijing!!



No comments: