Wednesday, November 3

CT - Thorax Scan

Last night I got an Email that really started worrying me from the health check up. I'm gonna quote what my doctor wrote me:
Dear Mr. Nummelin


I tried to call but your phone was turned off. Your chest X-ray suggest abnormality of your sternum. Fracture appears to be a possibility but we may need to do a CT for further clarification. Please call the hospital at the number indicated below. I'm copying Dr.Wang who is covering my absence.


I will notify the doctor on call this evening if you should call back this evening. Please avoid any sport activities which may be a source of trauma to the area.


Sincerely
Setsuko Hosada


So after getting this Email i got a LITTLE worried. I went to the hospital after work and they made some more tests but told me to see if my sternum is fractured they need to take a CT (magnetic X-ray scan, svenska magnetröntgen) and that costs 9000 yuan. I called my insurance company and they said that they will pay for it, woohoo! Well I took the CT and now I know that the fracture is only in my "soft tissue" and not the bone. 2 weeks of taking it easy and then it should be good again. From the CT scan I also got to know that my lungs are in perfect health, I don't have any bone disease and the rest of my thorax is healthy. Such a relief after getting positive results....Oh jeah, fun part is that this whole thing cost way over 1000 euros :P

No comments: