Friday, November 1

First time in Latin America - Santiago

I officially covered every continent in the world now! It was a very long journey from Tokyo to Chile and was not without issues.

The first part Tokyo - Hong Kong went well. I had plenty of time to do some shopping at the airport and even get a massage at the first class lounge. The second part: Hong Kong to Auckland went well also, I had time to go out in Auckland 5 hours and have a nice meal. Then things starte going sour...First, then landing in Santiago the flight company announced that it had forgotten EVERY passengers bags in Auckland??? What?? We did sit about 2 hours in the place even before it left, I thought they were fixing a technical problem or loading some bags that arrived late. But no, they left 400 passengers bags at the airport in Auckland. We started laughing with some passengers because it just seemed absurd. That was the first problem. Second problem was massive riots all over Chile and they cancelled my flight to final destination: La Serena. The government has added a curfew and after 7 pm it's not allowed to move outside. It was almost impossible to get a taxi from the airport because hundreds of people stranded there. In the end I found a guy who took me for 80 euro and booked a temporary place for myself 1 night.

Next morning I set out to airport and was able to get on the place to La Serena, although almost every plane was cancelled but I got lucky. HELLO CHILE I feel so welcome to your country!!

And just landed...the smoke can't be a good sign right? It wasn't. Protestors had set a garment factory on fire and a few people died in it 
Airport was a mess but it was still a beautiful day 

Evening is setting, luckily I got a taxi guy on hold who will drive me to hotel 
MAYHEM! Luckily I was able to sort out me new flight at the platinum desk without waiting much more than 5 mins 
Everyone looking for a car but no one is getting it 
Sure is empty during curfew and state of emergency city lock down 
 Good morning Santiago!
All these mountains around the city. I wish I would have come at a better time
Cross on the top

No comments: