Sunday, December 16

Bye bye Mongolia

The last dinner we had in a Ukrainian/Russian restaurant. They had live singing and playing. The food was pretty good too, instead of butter they had pure fat to put on the bread :) And the sausages has all kinds of strange looking stuff inside but taste was still alright. 
Some art made by...us

This trip was probably one of the most interesting I had so far because everything here was so different. Pot holes for roads, eating meat everyday, almost haven't had any vegetables in 10 days, the traffic is crawling forward, met so many new people in different kind of businesses. been out to the countryside, withstanding cold everyday -20 to -35. 

The cars in Mongolia have the wheels on both side. Some are imports from countries that drive on the left side, some imports from right sided traffic. But people here drive on both side of the road as well as in the middle of the road, rules are but black and white writings in the law. 

After being in Mongolia 10 days it feels I would always have lived there, time somehow stops in Ulan Bator. It felt pretty strange...The city is so small, there is basically 1 road called Peace Avenue where all the bars, restaurants and offices are by. And everything is basically walking distance from here if it's not a windy day and -35 degrees....
At the airport I forgot my money in my bag that I put to the plane, but they let me go into the customs office and fetch it, so far all the people I met in Mongolia were really nice! 
 Bye bye Ulan Bator, wonder when I'll visit next time?

No comments: