Friday, November 25

Shanghai - Beijing - Manzhouli

Time to pack, 30 mins, check, GO! Something came up and I had to replan the weekend because at 12 am my plane left from Shanghai (Got to know about this just arond 9am). I found this funny thing at Hongqiao airport toilet. No need to hire a cleaner if the wall can clean for u!
There are no straight flights to Manzhouli so had to fly to Beijing first. They opened the southern airport in Beijing which was only used by the army before. It was one of the crappyest airports I have ever been too. Plus, the roads are minimal and the traffic was so bad I had to get out of the taxi and run a few kilometers so I would not miss the flight. My lungs felt like I just smoked 40 cigarettes after the run. The air is AWFUL! The army airport had all kinds of slogans "Love the army" "Peoples Liberation" Yes, so much liberation specially back in 1989.
               Crappy airport in the middle of nowhere in Beijing
My favorite english word - SPORK, coz It's a Spoon and Fork combined...
Well at least I got in time for the airplane in Beijing and continued to the final destination. Manzhouli was colder than I thought. I would have imagined around -10 degrees but right now in the night is already -25 degrees.
Luckily im staying at a good hotel so it's nice and warm here. They also have free sauna and Jakuzzi so it was very awesome to go and warm oneself there after arriving.
After the sauna I went out for a walk, beautiful city! But it's changed a lot, so many new buildings and so much bigger than in January last time I was here. All in all it took me about 12 hours to arrive from Shanghai to Manzhouli.....3200km!Hate using Windows, suddenly changed the font and can't change back...

            Don't really know what this is suppose to be....The Gamble Devil?
MAXLOVE! Believe it or not, but it's a restaurant...
            This statue is still the same, children happily chained, huh?                        Most texts are in Russian
  GRK - SA - Mvh to Toba if your reading
                             OULU!!!

No comments: