Thursday, March 12

BLCU 北京语言大学


The name of the school im studying in is Beijing Culture and Language University.Now ive been there for about 3 weeks and my vocabularity and chinese writing has improved a lot! I have class every weekday from 8 - 12. Next week i have a test with about 300 chinese characters, hoping for the best...

The people in my class are from all around the world: USA, Guatemala, France, South Korea, Mexico, Hong Kong, Malesia, England, Switzerland. The funny thing is that most of them look asian or are of asian origin. I also met many mixes in the school with 1 parent asian and the other western. Most of the mixed asians look almost western and i was really supriced when they told me their mom was chinese because they dont look chinese at all. Not even Asian.

Never before have i been surrounded by this kind of international enviroment. All people come from different countries and some of them have lived all around the world because they always followed their parents work. I feel so NOT international from time to time here because i spent my entire life in one single place...A picture of my classroom added.

No comments: