Sunday, February 8

Another weekend in my new home



Friday morning we went to take my physical tests in the morning which I need for my permanent resident Visa. That place is really far away from the city and it took about 40 minutes to reach it by car. Wow! So convenient, all foreigners who want to stay in Beijing for a longer time have to drag their ass aaaaaall the way out there. The best thing is that there are no signs in English OR Chinese around that place or driving directions, they even taken away the name of the road just to make sure nobody finds it…oh China I love you!
Well finally we reached the clinic and I was put into 5 different rooms to take my tests like some animal. They were the following: Blood test, Weight+Height, Eyesight, X-Ray, Blood pressure and then some weird ECG where they put some wet metallic parts attached to my body to measure heart beating or something. It went really smooth once getting there and the test results are delivered home next week.

Later in the evening we went out with some friends to different clubs, our final stop was a salsa club where they had a live Brazilian band playing and most dancers there were professional or then just incredibly good…You can find any style of club here in Beijing, they have it all when it comes to nightlife!

Saturday I went hiking in the mountains with my “current family” just in the outskirts of Beijing for a few hours. A lot of people was looking and wondering what a white guy is doing with a big Chinese family... The view from the top of the mountain was great and you can see whole of Beijing from here (on the picture). Have to come up here again in the evening, must look pretty cool in when darkness falls. After the hiking we went to some super exclusive restaurant where the cutlery was made of gold, best thing was that we got the awesome tasty dinner for free.

Sunday has just been a hang around day and spending some quality time with my friend Xbox 360…Jonas, I’m level 20 now @ Fallout! Seems to be the MAX lvl, lame! I heard you moved into the new place, the kitchen pictures look really niiiiice! Send more to my hotmail if you have some spare time…
Hope ya all enjoyed your weekend!

No comments: